Us Mommas are all pretty much the same...

Haircut and ice cream with little men!


Park fun with Papa! They are getting too big now!

She looked so stinkin cute here but she wasn't having it!

100th day of school for Jackson.


Ice cream fun!


Hanging out with my little man in his bunk bed one night!


So I took a month off from the blog because ….three kids is why…!  Turns out I didn’t know everything I thought I knew and I am not wonder woman like I thought I was. I am human and I get tired and worn down and cannot continue without a break or a breath of air, which come few and far between now. Coming back to work was an adjustment for sure. I have been trying to get into a new routine which is just now, after a month, starting to come together. So I thought I would throw a little something together for a back to work post. So here is how my work day goes… My mornings start at 5 AM… I am pumping first thing, then I slap on some makeup and clothes, feed Caroline and get the boys up to get ready. If we are lucky we get out of the house by 7:10. It’s like an early morning marathon even though I don’t work out at all… not that I don’t need to. Because I do… There is just no time right now.
And if I am being honest my mornings start at about 9 PM the night before because I have to get everything ready to just grab and go in the mornings. That means all of our lunches, snacks, extra clothes for the kids, clothes for the day of, bottles, pump parts, bags, shoes, jackets and sometimes pre-prep dinner, all of it has to be ready and planned out or we are gonna be late… no ifs, ands or buts about it! I get to work and alternate working and pumping, working and pumpking… drive home and we start dinner…Which at this point dinner is either something pre prepped the night before, fast food or something super easy like frozen food or sandwiches. And if we are lucky my Dad or Aaron’s mom cooks for us once a week. Those a good, easy nights let me just tell ya!  We are also trying to get the kids into the routine of helping make sure all of their things are ready to go for the next day. Making them feel responsible for a few of their day to day needs helps us all out and hopefully has a larger payoff later on. But yes this mothering of three is something else. I have never had a fuller heart or house… But I also have never been this exhausted. From falling asleep while feeding and pumping to driving off with the van door still open. Aaron and I are both still getting the hang of this 3 kid thing… 
 Caroline is sleeping so well at this point that I only get an hour or so with her each week night, which is bitter sweet. Don’t get me wrong it’s awesome that she is sleeping through the night because it gives me more time to do what has to be done but makes me miss her sweet little face more than ever since she is becoming so fun with her constant sounds and giggles! Her mornings are great right now because she is almost always in such a great mood. She loves to talk to us and I practically kiss her cheeks plum off her face. Weekday mornings I feed her and lay her down with Daddy in our bed while the boys and I finish getting ready. It is so sweet to see their interactions and her cooing at Daddy and holding his hand! It makes me look forward to their little budding relationship and all the Daddy/Daughter fun that is to come! That’s something we haven’t had in our household until now!
I have had to prioritize what needs to get done daily and weekly and what can ultimately wait. Our house is messy but I feel like it’s an organized chaos if that makes any sense at all. I just keep trying to remember that this is a short few years and I don’t want to miss any of this precious, too short time we are granted with these little love bugs just because I want to straighten the house or organize something due to my type A, obsessive compulsive, “must clean to be happy” personality.  That is what goes through my mind daily. I hate to see things in disorder. It kills me. But I have to learn to live like that right now so that I can spend more time playing, reading and hanging out with my kids. And I also keep reminding myself, and I am sure you can stand to hear this too if you are in the thick of it right now with us… That the kids aren’t going to remember how great your house looked or if there are crumbs under the kitchen table, which by the way there is always a whole meal under ours it seems. They are going to remember the fun you had, the light saber battles (we just had one last night at our house), the books you read them and the wrestling and tickling matches that made them laugh out loud and almost pee their pants. So don’t worry about it if you can’t do it all and be perfect because NONE OF US CAN! We are all just winging this parenting thing. So if it makes you feel better to knowing we are all in this together, like it does me… then be a little less frazzled knowing I am here with you! We are all pretty much saying the same desperate prayers at night, yelling the same tired things to our kids in the mornings and worrying about the exact same things in between!

Comments