Potty training is as real as it gets...



So with parenthood comes a lot of love, adoration and tender moments but also some moments you just want to forget. But instead of forgetting them I am here to share mine with you because they are funny, relatable and real. So here goes…  We almost have Sawyer potty trained. Peeing in the potty is just life now. However he does not want to poop in the potty. No matter what… He is scared of the toilet. He goes all day peeing in the toilet, standing up none the less. He is great at keeping a dry pull up and underwear, when I dare to risk a pair. And now he has evidently set up a schedule for himself to poop every few days and inevitably every Saturday morning. Early Saturday mornings! So I try to keep up with his schedule and make sure he is in a pull up on those days to catch these digestive gems and save as many pairs of underwear and shorts as possible. And then on Saturday mornings before I can even wake up he comes in and tells me “Mommy, I have sumpin on my butt butt.” UGHHHHHH………………. my mind isn't even working yet and all I can think is how that oh so sweet baby voice that I adore so much just said something that I cannot stand...

So before I have had my coffee, made the multiple attempts to pull my now 3rd trimester self upright on the bed or opened my eyes to focus on anything I have to lay down a towel in the bathroom floor, get the wipes and go to town. Most mornings I’m OK and just do it while groaning and repeating to him that he is a big boy now and to please poop in the potty! But this one morning recently the fecal matter was a little less solid and a lot more liquid. Yah I am blogging about the consistency of my son's poop. This is basic level stuff here people, try to keep up. The towel caught it as it was, how shall I say this... not staying intact and all was fine, so I thought. Until…. 4 hours later in the day, I jumped into the shower to shave my legs before our trip to the pool and something on my toe caught my eye. What was this dark matter? Please be chocolate I thought! Nope, not a chance…. It was none other than a large poop splat which had dried to my foot on my pinkie toe. No words… Nothing could be thought of to even mutter out loud in my furry. I just kept thinking, “Where all I had walked in the house that this had gotten on and where would I find it next?!?!”  I never found anymore however I am not putting it past these remnants to show up somewhere else when I least expect it. So above all we have got to get this kid poop trained before the new baby gets here. I am without a doubt totally over this. Everything is all well and good until somebody finds dried poop on themselves hours after a diaper change. He just better be glad we weren’t out in public when I found it. So this is me and my life at 32 weeks pregnant! I love my Sawyer baby but we gotta get this fixed asap! 

Talk to ya'll soon! 
Love Heather 



Comments