All Gussied Up and Out on the Town









I don't think Aaron is fond of my necklace. 





Red Top / Black skirt Similar / Necklace
Aaron's shirt is Polo Outlet and pants are Mens Express.

It's nights like these that my husband and I remember how much we like each other and how much fun we can have laughing out loud at the crazy things each other says when it's just us two. We remember why we fell in love and stayed together and how when the kids are grown we will still have that connection. My husband constantly makes me laugh and that's one of my favorite things about him. These date nights are so needed, especially in this season of our lives with kids and so many other priorities. This was the first of our marathon of holiday gatherings and Christmas parties. I think we forget every year just how hectic this season can be. My employer's Christmas party was this past weekend so my husband and I had to leave the flannel pj's at home and get gussied up. It was a fun night out for me especially since I have been at home for almost 3 months now. It was the longest I've been away from the baby and subsequently the longest I have been presentable. Cause I'm tellin ya nowadays as soon as I get home I wipe off my makeup and throw on sweats and breath a sigh of relief... this cannot be only me though right?!?! Anyways our kids stayed with my parents and we had some much needed adult time. The party was an elf theme with favors, acrobats and all the little elf details imaginable, from the cookies to the table setting and even some real live elves. They always have it in downtown Chattanooga at the convention center with a band or DJ, door prizes and dancing. My husband and I try to attend both of our work holiday parties every year and it's nice to dress up and leave our every day worries behind for a night of grown up fun. We took a ton of pictures with friends showing off our dressy duds. I was exhausted in no time since I'm usually on the couch in lounge clothes by nightfall and the party didn't start til 7:30. So I knew I was gonna have to keep the yawns at bay. They gave out holiday favors, which is why I'm wearing a Christmas light necklace in a few of the pics. And even though I was away from the kids I wasn't done with my motherly duties. So on the way home I had to pump...but thanks to the rechargeable battery on my Pump it was super easy! (This pump is awesome by the way. Super quick, quiet and a great price!) So in the passenger seat of the mini v)an, in my fine dining attire, there I was doin what had to be done. A mother's work is never done, right!? So that was my night in a nutshell. We have Aaron's work party next week...so let the fun continue on... Outfit details are in the links above. 


Comments