Weekend projects of all kinds.






Loft Cardigan similar , Loft black dress  This dress is pretty much the same however mine didn't come with the waist tie and the peplum at the bottom is not as thick as mine. Other than that it is exactly the same. I think they tweaked this dress a little for this Spring season. The pearl necklace I made when I got into jewelry making a while back. Black wedge pumps. Mine are from Payless a few seasons back but J Crew Factory has these super cute ones right now on sale. Sunglasses  









So this past weekend we had fun at a skating party we were invited to. Jackson didn’t love skating but he sure tried his hardest. Poor thing cried through most of it and continued round and round the rink trying to get the hang of it. He never really got it but I think he was happy with his efforts. Sawyer was a different story. They didn’t have his size skates and thankfully that was the case since he is the clumsiest kid I have ever come into contact with. He falls constantly. He tried to jump on the rink many times and my husband would have to jump out there and get him back to the side before he got smashed. He wanted to participate so badly! I used to skate a lot back in my teens (which thankfully is something once learned you never forget) so I skated with Jackson and then let Sawyer pull me around the rink a few times so he didn’t feel he was left out. He loved it. I am just glad Sawyer didn’t get the chance to skate because I think if he had and turned out to be half way decent Jackson would have died a thousand deaths of defeat. Jackson has too much of me in him. He just can't be average at things. He gets all worked up when he doesn't get the hang of things right away. He is going to have to learn that not all things come naturally or easily. It was fun to do something I hadn't done in forever and brought back so many memories of going on Friday and Saturday nights with my friends. We thought we were hot stuff back then, but we knew nothing. haha I think my group of friends should go for an adult skate night soon (yes they have those). I forgot how much fun it is. Things like that bring back the kid in you. 

We also had a leprechaun trap project due in Jackson’s class this week. So we worked on it Sunday night and he ended up thinking we had created the greatest thing since sliced bread. Sawyer thought it was his project too and wanted his picture taken with it as well. These projects for kids in Kindergarten are no joke. I don’t know if we’re going to be able to keep up come 5th grade. The kids may be on their own with homework and projects before too long. The math they are already doing is the stuff we were doing when I was in like 3rd grade. It’s advanced. I feel like they’re gonna be into Algebra before elementary school ends. We may be in trouble and need our own tutors just to help the kids out. Anyways that was our weekend. We are in a baseball tournament this weekend, another birthday party to attend and a few little home projects that I'll let you all in on soon… so stay tuned…

Talk to ya’ll soon.
Love Heather




Comments