Under the Weather, Junk out and Yellow is in...


Happy Friday peeps! I am so happy to have made it to the weekend! This week was extra exhausting with baseball, Jackson’s birthday, a school field trip, tonight we are going to a family dinner out and I am just getting over a 24 hour bug that had me pretty well down and out. I feel much better now thank the Lord! And I am here to tell you one of the worst feelings has got to be taking care of kids when you are sick. This doesn’t happen often but man when it does it feels like an eternity and you have a huge pity party for yourself. Or at least I do. Do these little beings realize how much they are asking of you or doing to you? You don’t feel good but you don’t want to be mean to these ungrateful souls. You just want them to stop asking questions about stupid things like more juice, more chips, or to go outside, until you feel better. Ugh it’s maddening and this is where I have to pull the self-control out of the depths of my being and find my sweetest voice in order to not snap. And then when I feel better I realize I was such a jerk for feeling this way… but sometimes you just can’t help but feel sorry for yourself, right? 
Tomorrow is Jackson’s birthday party! It’s a ninja warrior theme and we are having it at a new little gym in Chattanooga where they have an obstacle course for the kids. It’s called Modern Play. They have been super accommodating and helpful with any request we've had. I am looking forward to seeing how much fun the kids have.
I would like to tackle some spring cleaning in my house this weekend. How in the world do we accumulate so much junk so quickly?!? I just don’t understand. We get rid of stuff multiple times during the year, either tossing it out or giving it to charity and it just piles back up again. I feel like I need to throw everything out and start again some times. And kids don’t make it any easier. They think they have to hold on to everything under the sun, toys they haven’t played with in half a year, the .50 cent plastic favor they got from Jimmy’s 2nd birthday party, all the rocks they sneak into the house after I repeatedly tell them NO! … And they pitch the biggest fit over it. So basically I just take it all while they are sleeping and they never know. I know that’s awful but I can’t be the only one who does this?!?  I mean if I don’t do it that way we will never get rid of it. So I am hoping to have a huge pile of things to get rid of in the next few days. Wish me luck! 







I was feeling yellow recently... and yellow and navy just pop when put together. This SKIRT is from J Crew Factory is so much fun and every time I wear it I get asked where its from. Their side walk skirts come in lots of different colors and patterns throughout the year. Right now this skirt isn't available but check back often because they constantly change up the patterns and colors. You can find some super cute ones. The yellow top (similar) and Navy Cardigan are both from Loft and the shoes are super comfy from Belk, a brand called Hokus Pokus. Happy shopping!

Hope ya'll have a great weekend! 
Love Heather 



Comments