Easy Easter Decor and My First Born


















It's back to 40 degrees here today. We are all hoping this is blackberry winter and the sun and warmth will soon prevail. But over the weekend I put out some Spring/Easter decor at my house. It looks a lot brighter in my house than it does outside this week. I made a little bunny bunting banner with cotton tales, jute and the Resurrection Bible Verse printed on it, John 20: 1-8. This was super easy to make with card stock and leftover jute I had hanging around the house. I placed it on my fireplace. I threw in some pops of green and a pale of white hydrangeas as well. In this picture our TV is not centered. I am aware. Per my husband it's this way for optimal viewing purposes. Give me a break! A metal tiered tray is the center piece on my kitchen table with Easter eggs, some ball fillers, birds and bunnies. This tray is my go to for adding a touch of seasonal decor to my home. You can do so much with it and it holds a lot. 

The little egg tree on the kids table is from Hobby Lobby. I have had it for years but I feel like you can find something similar at Home Goods or any of the home stores. And the boy at the table is 6 years old today and drawing a spider for his Daddy. He is everything good wrapped up in one adorable little package. My first born is too big for his britches now though. He always blows kisses to me at school drop off in the mornings. Today however he got out of the van about the same time as some older girls got out of their cars and he didn't even look back, much less blow me a kiss. This was a blow to my motherhood. What just happened. He forgot about me!! But at the same time Sawyer, my three year old, screamed "Ma I want to listen to Elmo's The Letter of the Day Song." He gets credit for bringing me back to reality in this moment when my first baby forgot his Momma was still there waiting for her kisses. I kept looking and waiting and then finally drove away with a feeling that I guess I should get used to given that he is only going to keep getting older. Also the app I used to make the collage of Jackson pics is called Photo Grid and its amazing! It's the best free app I have found for using lots of pics and the most edits and options for a collage. Thanks Ashley Ivey for this little gem of a recommendation. 


Alright guys that's it for this cold Wednesday. 
Talk to you soon.
Love Heather

Comments

  1. I dread the day I get denied a kiss from my baby! :( She's just starting to give me hugs when I ask for them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment