Winter Colds and Vacation Planning


Long time no see. I didn’t post last week at all and I am sorry. I was dealt the nastiest cold that is still lingering. It felt like more than a cold but evidently that’s all it turned out to be. I was in the bed for a couple of days straight and could not get back into the swing of things like I wished. I’m hoping that’s the last of the sickness for a while. Because for women, moms especially, we don’t get off days, sick days or time alone. We get piled up chores, work and late notices. And knowing I couldn’t get up and help my husband or my precious mother, who graciously came over to help with the kids and clean my house, was awful. I hate that helpless feeling and when you are sick it feels like it’s never gonna end. Luckily mine did level out over the weekend and I feel like I am on the mend. Here are a couple of pics of my life continuing on around me while I sat on the couch and felt like an unhelpful, lazy, slob.







On a high note we booked our summer vacation to our home away from home, Seaside, Fla. My kids are getting super excited, as are we. We have been going there for our yearly beach vacations for the better part of 15 years. It’s a small beach community that prides itself on the laid back, simple life. It’s so charming with its small town square full of boutiques and cafes and an amphitheater where local artist play weekly to a sprawling lawn of family’s young and old. There aren’t any huge hotels or resorts here just a growing number of homes for rent in every pastel and summer color imaginable. You can walk or bike just about anywhere. There are some great places for dinner and the shopping at the Seaside Store, among other boutiques, gets us in trouble every year, oops... We always have to stock up on Seaside hats, t-shirts and hoodies. This area is nestled in between Panama City Beach and Destin Fla., both about a 30-40 minute drive, depending on traffic. If you have seen a round bumper sticker listing 30A on  cars where you live, that’s this area. 30A is the road that runs through a ton of local beach communities. This place is low key while still offering so much to see and do. If you have seen the movie “The Truman Show” with Jim Carey, it was filmed here. That perfect little throw back 1950’s town in all its flesh is in the Florida panhandle.  We are going to be so ready for our trip come June! Here are some pictures from past trips.












Well Happy Monday! Talk to ya’ll soon!

Love Heather

Comments