Petite, Pink and Peplum















Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and I am trying to find some super cute crafts and goodies for my boys. I’ll post about what I come up with next week. But in the mean time here is a pink outfit just in time for the occasion. Peplums are my jam! They are so flattering on most body types and give such a feminine touch. This top is from Loft, last season. But here and here are some similar looks. The skirt is J Crew Factory and this color is the perfect pink in my opinion. Not too light, not too bright but just right! This color is out of stock right now (I know, it's a bummer) but there are some other great color options available just in time for Spring. My grey tights are Loft as well. And the booties are once again from Payless, I know right?!? Who would have thought? The necklace is a tassel which I have a thing for right now. This one is Banana Republic Outlet but here and here are some similar options. 

So if you can't already tell from my pictures, I am a shorty. I clock in at a full 4 feet, 11 inches short. That's right I don't even make it to 5 feet. So most of my clothes I try out first in a petite but some things I have found just lay better, on me, in a regular fit. When I link items on here I try to always list if I got them in a petite size. But for reference things will almost always be longer on me because of my height. In case you see anything that strikes your fancy and decide to place an order, remember that I am vertically challenged and it could make a difference in the fit of the garment on you. Just wanted to throw that out there just in case. 

The background for these pictures show our beloved Tivoli Theater in downtown Chattanooga, TN. All of the greats have played here. It is full of beautiful history and architecture and to see the marquee all lit up at night is a sight. It's a longstanding landmark. When I see it I think of home. It also happens to be right across the street from my employer of 12 years, Tennessee Valley Federal Credit Union's corporate office. Our office is moving in a few weeks, only a few streets over, however it's still bitter sweet for many of us who have called it home for so long. We are all reminiscing this week about the memories this building holds for us. Change is good but it can be hard to say good bye. Farewell 715 Market St. It has been an honor.

Comments