Valentines Decor and Crafts





















Valentines is just another holiday that lets me decorate, dress and craft in my favorite color, PINK!...And of course show the ones I love just how much I think of them. I haven't really bought a lot for Valentines decorating. I do have a good bit of red and pink decor and items around my house to throw together for the occasion though. I try to buy decorating items that can be used for multiple holidays, birthdays and parties. I am trying not to overwhelm these areas with red and pink but just throw in some pops of those colors here and there. This year I added some Valentines fun to my side table in our eat in kitchen, my fireplace hearth, and my kitchen counter. It just gives my home a little something different besides the normal, every day decor we look at all year long.

I got crafty with some print outs, ribbon and jute to make the banners on my mantle and above my side table. Michaels had all I needed to add a touch of lace  and color to the blue mason jars I already had. I think I spent roughly $14.00 on a few things. The Pink wooden heart was the only actual decor I purchased this year. I used red and white jute ribbon to secure these. And I thought the pop of blue would be something a little out of the ordinary as well. I like to add some greenery here and there too! I printed out the cute little light blue mason jars to place in these frames from IKEA that I've had for years. They are Here and Here. Seriously those prices are crazy right?! Also a great tip- Always have some clothes pins hanging around! You never know just when and how many places you can use them. They are life savers! The heart and script printouts are simply 1 Corinthians copy and pasted and cut out to make the banner. These felt red and pink hearts are stickers and worked out great. I think its the perfect sentiment for the occasion. Adding ribbon or jute to anything makes a difference so don't underestimate it. As you can see this little decorating adventure took a turn for the mason jar theme pretty quickly, which is fine. But I didn't see it coming until I found all the super cute stuff online. The mason jars with flowers print outs hanging above the chalkboard were a last minute touch that I found free online and thought I could use them for Easter as well as lots of little parties and showers I tend to throw throughout the year. Also the black framed love printouts can be found online. I cannot find the exact link these came from. Sorry, but you can simply google Valentines printables under the images tab and find thousands. You don't have to spend money on these things people. There is so much free stuff out there. Just go look and you will be so glad you did!! So, I think I covered everything. And anything else I didn't mention I already had and just reused.

This was all super easy and fun! If there is nothing else to do in the COLD, winter month of February there is always Valentines crafting! And don't forget to show all those loves in your life how much you care. You don't have to spend a lot to show people what you feel for them. Baking, crafting, cards, candy or just a little something you know they can use everyday is always a super sweet gesture no matter the season or holiday. The feeling I get when I give a gift, big or small, makes me so happy for that person and myself. It's like a high of sorts... It just makes you feel good inside! The world needs a lot more of that these days, don't you think?!? 

There are more Valentines themed posts coming this week.
Talk to ya'll soon.
Love Heather



Comments

  1. I love the simple red ribbon around your buckets on the mantle!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment