Rainy Day in the West Village

In the south we get a lot of rain with our cold days but not a lot of snow. So we just have to make the most of it! Working downtown I get out and about from time to time and find some new little gems like the one pictured. Chattanooga has a lot of areas that are being updated and revitalized in recent years. The backdrop for this picture is The West Village and is between MLK and 7th avenue on Chestnut and Pine Street in Downtown Chattanooga, TN. They are hosting some great events this winter with family friendly Saturday nights and they had a successful New Year’s Eve Street Festival just a few weeks ago. There are several food spots including a downtown favorite, The Innside Restaurant. You can stay overnight at the new Westin Hotel and never have to leave the village for shopping or food. The twinkle of the string lights over most of the streets are a perfect ambiance for the area. Check out this up and coming corner for yourself.


I love pale pink and grey together. It’s one of my favorite color combinations. So my pale pink coat and grey rain boots made sense to me. I threw on a black and white swing dress with it and some black leggings. These swing dresses from Old Navy are so comfortable and come in so many colors and patterns. You can get them on sale at times for as little as $13.00 bucks. That is like stealing clothes if you really think about it. Rain boots are great for rain but also mud, snow and everything in between. These boots are as similar to Hunter boots as I have found. They are from Target and come in up to 6 colors, when they are in stock. I don’t have to have a name brand on anything, as long as it’s cute and at a great price I will wear it! My pink coat is from a few seasons ago however here and here are similar looks. I'm sure we have another month or two of cold, rainy days here in the south. It's nothing we aren't used to however it doesn't make me wish any less for some spring colors, temps and flowers. I hope everyone has a wonderful day and some cozy sweaters and socks at home. Keep warm!! 

Talk to ya'll soon.
Love, Heather









Comments

Post a Comment