Cozy Winter PJs and Bedroom Furnishings











Hello! It's STILL winter...! I usually love winter but we have had such a series of cold spells this time around with super low temps that I am starting to become a hermit in my home. I did a little Spring shopping over this last long weekend too...Eek!  Since I can't do anything about the season and I am practically living in lounging clothes and pjs, with not being able to spend much time outdoors.  I decided to talk about winter pajamas and cozy bedroom essentials to deal with my cabin fever. Victoria's Secret always has such great feminine styles, patterns and colors on their matching pj sets. The two sets I am wearing in these pics  are a couple of seasons ago however they have a lot of similar styles pretty much constantly. Pastel pink is forever my top pick for anything and these black polka dots add an element of fun! This set is also a light cotton material so I don't find myself sweating when I sleep in them. Plaids never go out of style and the colors in this set make for a great pop of instant personality! This one is for super cold nights, as it is a heavier fabric. 

Who doesn't love to step into a calming, plush and comfortable bedroom? My furnishings are from all over and they are by no means top of the line. I look for good deals on things that I spend my hard earned cash on these days. I don't quite have things exactly as I would like them however they are coming along. I tried to stay simple and elegant with the colors, light pink, white and grey. It's easy to say to myself "no one ever sees our bedroom, why spend money on it," but it's worth it to me to feel happy when I set foot in my bedroom. This world is crazy and you need a place to feel safe and at peace at the end of the day. It took me some time to realize this and breakdown and spend some money on it however, I am glad I've started making it feel personal to my husband and myself. Some of our favorite wedding pictures are framed in black and white above the bed. Our night stands are from Aaron's grandparent's home and we refinished them with an off-white color, distressed them and added new glass knobs. My husband has about 20 house plants that he brings in from our back porch each winter and spreads them out all over the house. The two plants on the night stands are his touch. I think they are snake plants, also known as mother-in-laws tongue. I haven't gotten around to taking down the wreath and lights because its so whimsical to have them on at night. So don't 
judge me, please. 

The frame with multiple pictures I have used all in different locations all over my house. A family member was getting rid of a picture so I took out the art, spray painted it, and fastened 3 jute pieces to the middle with an industrial stapler to hang pictures. I either love it so much that I need to make another one or I just can't figure out exactly where I want it to stay. You will probably see it somewhere else in future posts. The porcelain Cinderalla figurine was my wedding cake topper and is so precious and dear to me. My wedding theme had some touches here and there of Cinderalla and I like to keep some of those pieces on display when I can. It is sitting on top of my jewelry box on my dresser, out of the reach of little, clumsy hands. This place is where I sit after the kids are in bed and I have a glass of wine, watch my Netflix/Hulu shows or catch up on my quite time/Bible study, just relax and have some me time. The trick is to keep it clean! Always easier said than done! So I have listed the links for all the bedroom furnishings below. I hope ya'll enjoy and have a wonderful weekend! 









Lamps IKEA
Bed Cochran's Furniture in Ringgold Ga. Check out their Facebook page. 
Curtains Kirklands
Comforter Target 
Pink pillow Home Goods
Pink throw blanket H&M Similar
All pictures, as always, are printed by Shutterfly

Talk to ya'll soon.
Love Heather 






Comments

  1. Aahhh! I love the black and white pictures idea! And it's classic Cinderella. Nice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment